Friday, October 16, 2009

Mom's Fav

Macaroons are timeless, and oh so chocolaty. Traditionally, many recipes call for rolled oats, not coconut! Crazy hey? A raw, healthy version must be available right? One that you don't feel guilty indulging in? Well I have the answer.. YES it exists! Much like an old recipe my grandma use to make for my mom when she was a young girl, these macaroons will blow you away. They take maybe 5 minutes to prepare, and only take 6 ingredients.. how easy! Mom approved as well, she l♥ves them and tells me "they're just like the ones grandma use to make."

Raw Macaroons
  • Cacao powder (to taste, meaning lots!)
  • 2 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
  • pure maple syrup
  • shredded coconut flakes
  • 1 tsp vanilla extract
  • sprinkle of salt
Mix all ingrediants in a bowl. I don't measure my ingrediants, and honestly, you dont need a lot of coconut oil and syrup, the syrup does help hold things together though. Use common sense, if the mixture is to moist, add more coconut flakes, if its to dry, add a bit more syrup. It's fail proof. Once mixed, it should be moist and delicious! add more ingredients to your liking. With mine, I use a lot of cacao powder, and I mean lots, I make these bad boys chocolaty!

No comments:

Post a Comment